- Thrust Area I - Sensor Science and Technology
- Thrust Area II - Global Observing Systems
- Thrust Area III - Data Mining & Fusion and Geospatial Data Models
Click Graphic for larger view.
The three thrust areas of research at ISET are:
- Sensor Science and Technology
Involves a collaborative effort of PI's from Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering at CUNY, NCA&T and CSUF and divided into three subgroups:
- Sensor Technologies for Ground Based Remote Atmospheric and Meteorological Measurements
- Development of Sensor Technologies for in-situ Measurements of Coastal Waters.
- Basic science: Development of Aerosol, Greenhouse Gas Monitoring (sensor) and Mitigation Technologies
- Analysis of Global Observing Systems
Involves collaboration of PI's from Marine Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Mathematics, Physics at NCSU, NCA&T, and CUNY and divided into two sub groups:
- Analysis of Observing Systems: Severe Storms & Hurricanes Research
- Analysis of Observing Systems: Physical and numerical research approach
- Data mining, fusion and collection for analysis and modeling
Involves a collaboration of PI's mainly from Computer Science and EE, Physics Departments at FISK, ALASKA, MINNESOTA, NCSU, CUNY, NCA&T and divided into four subgroups:
- Data Fusion
- Data Mining
- Distributed Architecture
- GIS Lab
The consolidation of thrust areas gives each group more focus and the approach is more cohesive.
Responsibilities and tasks are distributed across all participating institutions based on strength and capability.
The activities are more integrated and complement each other.
View the latest project information: Thrust Area III- Research Area III-C